Posted: 24/02/2020 | Location: USA, Winston Salem
Responsible to define, implement, execute and continuously improve the Quality Management System in BDUS.
Essential Functions and Key Result Areas:
• Responsible for quality work that leaves BekaertDeslee’s manufacturing floor; assures that the product is free from defects or operational problems or errors.
• Troubleshoots to verify accuracy or performance of the product as well as troubleshooting any corrections of any problem or issue.
• Develops and maintains a system to assure that all products produced meet customer specifications and achieve quality and reliability levels.
• Works closely with sales and manufacturing teams to develop systems that ensure high quality product and continuous process improvement.
• Has a well-groomed understanding of BekaertDeslee’s process improvement and quality systems in a manufacturing environment.
1. In cordination with the Quality Manager, sets-up and inspects the internal quality systems utilizing ISO9001:2015 principles.
2. Redacts, distributes, trains on, implements, audits and continuously improves BDUS’s Quality Assurance procedures in line with the Mission, Vision and Targets of the company.
3. Conducts root cause analysis related to Quality using the adequate tools of a set as defined by BD and its investors (RCCM, A3, 8D, 5Why, TTI, ProjectCharter etc)
4. Defines - in cooperation with the production department heads and the Quality Manger - corrective or preventive actions to improve the quality of our products and processes. Follows up on the implementation of defined actions; introduces, conducts and documents related audits for sustainability.
5. Organizes, participates in and follows up on Material Review Board meetings and other quality meetings with the company’s production department managers.
6. Assists the Quality Manager to prepare monthly reports about KPI’s related to quality for management.
7. Organizes and coordinates the necessary trainings with regard to the Quality Management System.
8. Ensures carrying-out the controlled-copy distribution of all the relevant documents to the relevant departments/companies; if necessary, after they are published, disposes the unused documents, and stores all the documents in accordance with the storing periods in the quality resources list.
9. Creates and improves the necessary workflow schemes for the process development and controls within the scope of the Quality Management System.
10. Analyses customer complaints inside and outside the organization; defines and audits a set of corrective and preventive actions as defined in cooperation with the production department heads and the Quality Manager.
11. Assists company management, plant management and production department heads in development of new SKU’s.
12. Works based on principles of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
13. Performs statistical analysis on quality parameters of Raw Materials, Semi finished and Finished Goods. Reports deviations. Elaborates corrective and preventive action plans with team members to ensure quality compliance.